Congregation-Wide Emails Policy
Approved by the Board of Trustees, October 13, 2015
Email communications utilizing the congregation database may be used to announce major activities or news of the congregation. Congregation-wide emails are only to be sent by the Senior Minister or the Office Administrator.
Congregation-wide email communications occur regularly:
- The e-nuus is sent out weekly and has a publicly identified deadline
- The “Roots and Branches” email with UU events outside of Chalice is emailed monthly
- The newsletter is emailed monthly
Because regularly scheduled opportunities exist for announcements, the use of congregation-wide emails outside of these regular communications shall be rare.
Congregation-wide emails are reserved for communication regarding the most important Chalice events or news. Such emails must be relevant to a majority of the congregation and be:
- Time sensitive (i.e., unable to wait for the weekly e-nuus) OR
- A pastoral or justice-centered message from the Senior Minister OR
- A message or announcement approved for sending by the Coordinating Team
Please note: Failure to advertise an event or to meet the deadline for getting an announcement into the e-nuus does not subsequently make an announcement time sensitive.