Do and Discuss
For each of these groups below, please call or email the office at 760-737-0393 or Office@ChaliceUUCongregation.org for the most accurate meeting times and days.
Fiber Arts and Crafts Group
The Chalice Fiber Arts Group meets monthly on the 3rd Wednesday, from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. We meet in the Rainbow Room of the Hub for friendship and mutual enjoyment of our work, primarily needlecrafts such as knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery, beading, or appliqué, but anyone with a craft that doesn’t take a lot of space or cleanup is welcome. Paper is a fiber too, so some participants just bring a coloring book. Contact: Bonnie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Bonnie at email@example.com
Interfaith Community Services Dinner (Monthly)
Each month, volunteers from Chalice prepare and serve a meal to the people who are staying at Haven House, a shelter in Escondido located at 550 W. Washington Ave. There are different coordinators for each month, and Carly Cooper keeps the mailing lists and facilitate our participation in this community service project. The group brings a joyful presence and has fun while serving a much-needed and appreciated meal.
Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Sanctuary Team
Want a cleaner, safer, happier life? Chalice Green works to achieve Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Green Sanctuary accreditation. What does this have to do with Chalice and with my quality of life? Pursuing Green Sanctuary
accreditation walks us down a path, both as individuals and as a congregation, away from destruction and toward a renewed web of life. The UUA Green Sanctuary program provides structure, leadership and support. The Green Sanctuary accreditation goal is in keeping with our Principles, moving us toward a viable and just world for all. Chalice Green Sanctuary meets monthly. For information, as well as meeting dates and times, email ChaliceUUCGreen@gmail.com.
Women’s Book Club
The Chalice Women’s Book Group meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm. It is hosted in the Blue Room and on Zoom. We select books as a group and publish our annual reading list for all interested parties. Each month one member volunteers to lead our discussion but since we have many readers no one is required to assume this task. We always enjoy discussing the book and other topics, ideas, and experiences at our meetings. We invite all women readers to join us for a fun and stimulating evening.
Mary at email@example.com
- February 15, 2022: The Midnight Library by Matt Houg
- March 15, 2022: Unmarriageable: Pride and Prejudice in Pakistan by Soniah Kamal
- April 19, 2022: Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- May 17, 2022: Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
- June 21, 2022: Nine Hills to Nambonkaha by Sarah Erdman
- July 19, 2022: The Nature of Fragile Things by Susan Meissner
- August 16, 2022: The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- September 20, 2022: The Soul of a Woman by Isabel Allende
- October 18, 2022: The Sentence by Louise Erdich
- November 15, 2022: Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
- December 20, 2022: West With Giraffes by Lynda Rutledge
- January 17, 2023: Pick books for next year
- February 21, 2023: American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- March 21, 2023: The Nightwatchman by Louise Erdrich
Past Book Club Selections
The Poetry Group meets the 2nd Monday of each month from 1:00 to 2:30pm in the Blue Room and on Zoom. This group will not be meeting until further notice. Participants bring poems to read aloud, with all welcome to join in discussion of the works and the thoughts they inspire. Share beloved classics or new discoveries or original work of your own or loved ones.
Bonnie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Activist Letter Writers Group
This group is not currently meeting.