Reports To: Minister
Status: Part-time Hourly
Chalice Unitarian Universalist Congregation is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, punctual, and detail-oriented sound engineer to manage audio during worship services and special events. The sound engineer will set-up, trouble shoot, and operate sound equipment in worship to ensure optimal sound quality in the house, on our live broadcast, and in recordings.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mix sound during our Sunday worship services and special services/events as needed.
- Mix sound during technical rehearsals with worship.
- Perform sound checks to troubleshoot any equipment or audio issues prior to worship or event
- Set up and test microphones as needed before a service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Formal live sound training and Sound Engineering experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic sound reinforcement concepts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attentiveness and detail oriented.
- Commitment and ability to work in and contribute to overall staff in team-based environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry sound equipment (up to 35 pounds).
- Specific hearing abilities for mixing live sound.
WAGES AND HOURS
This is a part-time (up to 5 hours per week) hourly position that reports to the Minister.
- Pay range is $20-$30 an hour, based on experience. We are willing to train.
- Work hours are in person on Sunday mornings 8 am to 1 pm.
- The sound engineer may periodically be asked to work extra hours, to be negotiated as needed (concerts, memorial services, etc.).
How to Apply
To apply, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position at Chalice OR a detailed resume
- Contact information for at least three references
Please e-mail all materials with “Sound Engineer” as subject heading, or mail to Chalice Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 2324 Miller Avenue, Escondido, CA 92029.
About Chalice Unitarian Universalist Congregation
Founded in 2000, Chalice UUC is a beacon of liberal religious values in North San Diego County. Our faith community of approximately 200 congregants affirms and promotes a vision of religious freedom, tolerance, and social justice. For more information on Chalice UUC, please visit our website.