The Coordinating Team has been researching how other congregations are handling the gradual reopening of their campuses in light of new CDC guidelines. Based on our discussions, we are adapting (not adopting full-fledged) the model First UU Church of San Diego is using.
- We strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated if they are able to do so.
- Vaccinations benefit individuals and support the greater good of the church community.
Regarding the use of masks, an honor system will apply:
- Those who are unvaccinated should wear masks on the Chalice campus at all times.
- Those who are vaccinated may mask or not at their own discretion and as personal circumstances allow. People might choose to continue to wear masks for any number of reasons, e.g., if they are immuno-compromised or feel a greater degree of comfort when masked.
- Finally, good etiquette suggests that we not ask anyone why they are masked or unmasked – it’s their business.
Beginning June 15:
- Small groups of no more than 12 Chalice congregants are welcome to schedule meetings using Chalice’s online reservation form to proceed with outdoor meetings on the Chalice courtyard after June 15, as scheduling permits.
- Be aware that table and chair surfaces are not cleaned routinely. Wipes will be available near the Hub’s main door. Please show courtesy to the community by wiping clean any surfaces you have used during your meeting.
- If you move tables and chairs to accommodate your group’s needs, please be sure to restore them to their original positions before leaving.
- Finally, when evaluating whether or not to hold your meeting on campus, take into consideration that there is a high level of ambient traffic noise, and hybrid meetings (in-person outdoors plus on-line access) may be quite difficult.
- If your group requires use of the Hub bathrooms, please wear a mask when you enter the building and while you use the bathroom, regardless of your vaccination status.