Do and Discuss
For each of these groups below, please call or email the office at 760-737-0393 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for the most accurate meeting times and days.
Activist Letter Writers Group
This politically astute group meets twice a month, on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. While there is construction at Chalice, we will meet at the home of one of our writers. We share addresses, issues, and attitude!
Michele Nelson at MicheleTNelson@gmail.com
Fiber Arts and Crafts Group
The Chalice Fiber Arts and Crafts Group meets monthly, on the 3rd Wednesday, from 1pm to 3pm. While there is construction at Chalice, we will meet at the home of one of our group members. We meet for friendship and mutual enjoyment of our work, primarily needlecrafts such as knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery, beading, or appliqué, but anyone with a craft that doesn’t take a lot of space or cleanup is welcome. And if it does take a lot of space or cleanup, bring it anyway and we’ll figure it out!
Bonnie Packert email@example.com
Women’s Book Club
The Chalice Women’s Book Group meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:15 While there is construction at Chalice, we will meet at the home of one of our readers. We select books as a group and publish our annual reading list for all interested parties. Each month one member volunteers to lead our discussion but since we have many readers no one is required to assume this task. We always enjoy discussing the book and other topics, ideas, and experiences at our meetings. We invite all women readers to join us for a fun and stimulating evening.
Dani Comer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 19: The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- March 19: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- April 16: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- May 21: The Buccaneers by Edith Wharton & Marion Mainwaring
- June 18: As Bright As Heaven by Susan Meissner
- July 16: The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
- August 20: The Masterpiece: A Novel by Fiona Davis
- September 17: Transcription by Kate Atkinson
- October 15: Educated, A Memoir by Tara Westover
- November 19: The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
- December 17: The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
- January 21, 2019: Choose books for 2020
- February 18, 2019: The Witch Elm by Tana French